The Delhi university formally known as The University of Delhi is an academic, public, and central university located in the capital of India –New Delhi. Now in 2021, the prestigious university has invited requests for the appointment to the post of Assistant professor also known as tenure-track professors. Interested and eligible candidates can submit their applications through the online mode at their official website which is as follows: du.ac.in
Last Date: 20th October 2021
The candidates that are eligible to participate in this posting:
- Must have scored 55% in Masters from an acknowledged university along with the NET (National Eligibility Test)
- A Ph.D. degree will be a temporary and mandatory way for the direct recruitment to the position of Assistant Professor. Especially those candidates who have a Ph.D. degree in compliance with the UGC regulations will be excused from the necessity of the slightest capability condition NET / SLET / SET.
The age limit for the candidates should not exceed 40 years whereas there is age relaxation for people with castes like SC / ST / OBC and PwBD as per government rules. There is no upper age limit.
How to Apply
A brief explanation for applying for the post is provided beneath:
- First, visit the official website of the University of Delhi which is http://du.ac.in/index.php
- Then scroll down to the last page of the website and tap on the option jobs and opportunities which is provided under the tab of work with DU.
- After tapping on the jobs and opportunities option a new window or tab will appear which will show the jobs which are available for the University of Delhi.
- Now click on the job option for Assistant Professor and fill-up the form with your details, information, experiences, and qualifications.
- Now after submitting it is always advised to take a printout of the application form for reference maybe in the future.
- Some compulsory documents are required for uploading during the application and will also be verified at the time of personal interview.
- Class 10th certificate
- Class 11th certificate
- Degree certificate
- Certificate of PG degree
- NET certificate
- Ph.D. degree (if any)
- Certificates of work experience
Shortlisting will be done marks based on the following:
Graduation- Above 80% -15 Marks, 80-60%- 13 Marks, 60-55%- 10 Marks, 55-45%- 5 Marks
Post-Graduation– Above 80% -25 Marks, 80-60%- 23 Marks, 60-55% (50% in case of SC/ST/OBC)- 20 Marks
M.Phil.- 60% and above- 7, 60-55%- 5
Ph.D.- 30 Marks
JRF and NET- 7 Marks
NET- 5 Marks
Research Publications 2 Marks for each- 10 Marks
Teaching Experience- 10 Marks
Awards National/ International- 3 Marks
State Level Award- 2 Marks
Shortlist will be done out of the total score of 100 marks