eSHRAM is a portal developed by The Ministry of Labor and Employment designed for the welfare of the Workers in the year 2021. Through the portal, the Central Government has started working to create a National Database of Unorganized Workers, also termed as NDUW, so that the workers can avail the benefits of extended employment and social security schemes.
The database ranks the first among other databases as it also includes unorganized workers such as construction workers, platform workers, gig workers, migrant workers, etc. The unorganized workers would be seeded with eSHRAM through their Aadhar card along with other details like name, address, occupation, skill types, family details, educational qualification, etc.
Benefits of eSHRAM Card
On registering with the e Shramik Yojana and obtaining the eSHRAM card, the workers are sure to enjoy various benefits. Apart from that, the workers would be able to enjoy the implementation of social security schemes by the Government.
On registering with eSHRAM, the workers would also be liable for an accidental insurance cover under the PM Security BHIM plan amounting Rs.2 lacs. The database would also be utilized at the time emergencies or national pandemic situations for assistance.
Apart from these, other benefits are increased job opportunities, 1-year premium wave, Track Migrant Laborers workforce, etc.
Who all can avail this benefit?
Any individual who is an unorganized worker, is not a member of ESIC, EPFO, or NPS and whose age falls between 16 to 59 years can benefit from this scheme. The list of unorganized workers includes self-employed worker, home based-worker, and wage worker.
Other individuals in the list include small farmers, marginal farmers, agricultural labors, shercroppers, fishermen, workers engaged with animal husbandry, workers working in beedi rolling, leveling and packaging, construction and building workers, weavers, leather workers, magnified workers, salt workers, stone quarries workers, brick kilns workers, and saw mill workers.
The worker should not hold a membership of EPFO or ESIC, as well as shouldn’t also be a government employee.
The workers under the shramik scheme would be liable for an accidental insurance cover through the PMSBY scheme of Rs.2lacs on death or permanent disability of the worker and a cover of Rs.1lakh if the worker faces any kind of partial disability. The workers are also liable to obtain monetary benefits at the time of National pandemic like Coronavirus.
eSHRAM Self Registration
For registering with the e-SHRAM scheme, and obtaining the UAN card, the workers need to meet particular eligibility criteria which includes:
- The age of the applicant should be between 16 to 59 years
- The applicant should not be paying income tax
- The applicant should not be a member of ESIC or EPFO
- The applicant should be a worker of an organized sector
Apart from the eligibility criteria, the applicant should also have all the mandatory documents. The list includes:
- Mandatory eKYC, OTP, fingerprint as per Aadhar card, and Iris
- Bank account number
- Bank passbook
- Ration Card
- Electricity bill
- Mobile number
- Educational certificates
- Income certificate
- Skill certificate
- Business certificate
E Shram Card Registration Online
Once the applicant is clear with the eligibility criteria and the documents required, here is the entire process step by step of applying for eSHRAM card online.
- Visit the official portal for registration at register.eshram.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on “Register on e-SHRAM” link given on the right side of the page.
- On clicking the link, a new homepage would appear with a tag “Self Registration”
- In this page, you need to fill your details such as Aadhar card number, and enter the Captcha code mentioned there
- Click on the option “Send OTP”
- You will receive an OTP on the registered number mentioned in the Aadhar Card which needs to be entered
- On entering the OTP, the registration form for eSHRAM card would open
- Fill in details asked like Personal information, address, educational qualification, occupation, and bank details
- Once the information is filled, select the option Previews Self-Declaration
- After the preview, you can now get the UAN card which can also be downloaded for future use
If you are unable to register for the eSHRAM card on your own, you can also visit the CSCs center or State Seva Kendra near your place along with required details for professional help for the same.
|eShram official Website||https://eshram.gov.in/|
|Find CSC Center Online||https://findmycsc.nic.in/csc/|