GATE is a national level test organized by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Madras, Delhi, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Guwahati and Kanpur and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, (MOE) Ministry of Education, and Government of India. GATE examination is a Computer Based Test and conducts online.
Do you know GATE is one of the toughest exam in India ??
GATE Full Form: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
GOAPS Full Form: GATE Online Application Processing System
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur is the organizing institute for GATE 2022. GATE exam is compulsory to be cleared by those who want admission and/or financial assistance for postgraduate studies (Master’s and Doctoral) with various government scholarships.
For those who want to have a bright career in public sector companies and abroad the score of Gate proves much useful as the majority of the reputed institutes consider this score valid. As per the norms, the result of this test stays valid for 3 years from the result date of the concerned test. Hence those who have cleared it in 2021 can take benefit of the same till 2024. GATE 2022 notice from authorities is already available on the site from August 1, 2021. There are also two new papers added for the next year that is GATE 2022.
The first one is Marine Engineering and the other one is Naval Architecture, Geometrics Engineering. Thus the total subjects for the GATE exam change from 27 to 29. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation, the authorities have decided not to conduct exams from International Centres.
The eligibility criteria for GATE 2022 consist of Nationality, Academic Qualifications and many more. Candidates who have successfully passed their 10+2+1 or 10+3+1 are eligible to fill the form. The 3rd year appearing UG degree students and graduated in any govt. Approved degree courses in Architecture, Technology, Science Arts, Commerce, engineering all are eligible to apply for Gate 2022. Age is not an issue in the GATE examination. There is not any restriction of minimum or a maximum age limit to apply for the GATE examination. There is not any minimum qualifying percentage specified for giving the GATE exam. There is no limit to individual attempts to apply for this exam. Qualifying degree for different courses to fulfil the eligibility criteria for the GATE examination:
- BE/B.Tech/B.Pharm – candidates with a bachelor’s degree in Technology, Engineering or Pharmacy are applicable to fill GATE 2022 form. (Final year students or who already completed their degree)
- B.Arch – Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. 4 years for Naval Architecture and 5 years for planning
- MBBS/BDS– MBBS or BDS degree holders and those who are studying in a higher semester.
- B.Sc. (Research)/BS – Bachelor’s degree in science or post-diploma.
- D Pharma – Candidates with Diploma in pharmacy holders with internship from 3rd yr onwards.
- M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent – Master’s degree in any specialization. Whether in science, commerce or Arts or any equivalent master’s specialization.
- Int. ME/M.Tech (Post- B.Sc.) – Integrated post –B.Sc. Master’s degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
- BA/B.Sc/B.Com – Bachelor’s degree in any field of arts, commerce or science.
Candidates from any state of India are allowed to apply for GATE 2022 and Candidates, from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, U.A.E, Ethiopia and Singapore can also apply in the international category for GATE entrance exam.
GATE Exam Fees
The application fees vary category wise. The general category aspirants will have to pay Rs 1500 as application fees. The application form for female candidates of any category is Rs 750. Aspirants from SC/ST/PwD categories will have to pay Rs 750 as examination fees. The foreign candidates or NRIs will have to pay Rs 1500 with exam centres in India as Examination fees. The application fee payment can be made through online mode via Debit Card/ Credit card/ Net banking/ Wallet and the payment will be non-refundable.
GATE Documents Required
- The candidate must have a scanned copy of the photograph and his scanned signature photo.
- Valid Photo ID proof such as Passport/ Voter ID/ Pan Card/ Aadhaar Card/ College ID/ Driving License with Photo, Signature, Residential Address and Date of Birth.
- For international candidates, it is required to have a Passport/ College ID/ or Govt. Issued ID.
- Course completion certificate or Degree Certificate or for final year students mark sheet proof of latest semester.
- Copy of Mark sheet of the 5th/ 6th/7th-semester aspirants.
- Provisional certificate is a must required document for final year aspirants issued by the Head of the institute/Dean etc.
- Caste Certificate for reserved category students.
- Any disability or PwD certificate for applicable candidates.
- Students with any backlogs will have to upload a copy of their mark sheet of the final year of the institution in which they are studying or completing their degree.
- Proof of the application fees payment, print of Net banking/ credit card or debit card.
GATE Exam Date: List of Important Dates
|Gate Important Events||Date|
|GATE 2022 Registration||02-09-2021|
|Last date to submit the GATE 2022 application form||28-09-2021|
|Last date to fill GATE 2022 application form with a late fee of Rs 500||To be announced|
|GATE 2022 application correction or any change in exam city or category or paper||26-10-2021 to 01-11-2021|
|Last date for changing exam city||12-11-2021|
|Editing of Name, Qualification or Date of Birth||To be announced|
|GATE 2022 exam date||On February 5,6,12 and 13 of 2022|
|GATE Official Website||https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/|
|GOAPS Student Login Portal (GATE 2022 login)||https://appsgate.iitb.ac.in/|
GATE Application Form: How to Apply?
The GATE application form can be fill in 6 easy steps through online mode.
- Registration through GOAPS. Visit the official website of GATE and register as a new user. The candidate will have to add their valid mobile number or e-mail ID. The authorities will contact only through mail or contact so never try to proceed with any invalid e-mail ID. For foreign candidates, the contact will be done through the mail. After successful completion, the candidate will have to create a GOAPS password and needs to confirm his/her registration. The candidate will receive a GOAPS enrolment ID after the successful completion of registration.
- Filling in the application form for GATE 2022 is easy. The form is very simple to fill with the personal details of the candidates.
- Scan and Upload the required documents for GATE 2022. Candidates will have to upload scanned the latest photograph, Thumb impression, scanned images of degree certificates or mark sheets. Scanned copy of category certificates for reserved category candidates.
- Preview application form and before submitting the application form check the application form thoroughly and after checking, submit the application form.
- Payment of application fees for GATE 2022. Aspirants will have to pay the application fee of GATE 2022 through online mode via, Credit card/ Debit card or by Net banking.
- Print the fee status after successfully completing the filling of the application form.