Bihar post office has recently released the notification for the recruitment of MTS (multi-tasking staff), Postman, Postal Assistant and Sorting assistant posts. To get into the respective posts, candidates have to apply in the prescribed format before the last date of submission.
- In MTS jobs, employees manage a lot of responsibilities like maintaining the records in the post office, courier delivery, carrying important files within the post office. An MTS employee also takes responsibility for the cleanliness of the post office.
- Postman helps in making delivery of mails and parcels to the residences. They also need to collect signatures from the customer side.
- Postal assistant performs a lot of functions like disposal of mails, maintaining the data, and handling customer queries.
- If we talk about the Sorting assistant job profile, they manage the sorting of letters of each location within the limit of the post office department.
The last date to submit the application form is 31 December 2021.
- To get into the Postal/ Sorting Assistant posts, the candidates need to be 12th passed or equivalent qualification. The candidates also need to do the basic computer training course of at least 60 days and the course should be from a renowned training institute. The candidates will only get the appointment letter after submitting the computer course certificate.
- For Postman posts, the candidates must be 12th passed. The candidates should also be good at the local language i.e. Hindi to be eligible for postman jobs. For this post as well, candidates need to do the basic computer training course of at least 60 days from a renowned computer training institute.
- In the case of MTS posts, candidates need to be 10th passed from a recognized board and candidates also need to have a good grip in the local language i.e. Hindi.
The following points explain the eligibility criteria for the candidates who want to apply through the sports quota.
- If any sportsmen have represented the country or a state in the international or national competition, then he is eligible to apply in the respective posts.
- Sportsmen who have represented their college or university in inter-university competitions are eligible for the respective posts.
- If any sportsmen have represented the state schools team for schools which is normally conducted by the All India school games federation, they are permitted to fill the application form for the respective jobs.
- Sportsmen who have received national awards in physical efficiency are also eligible to apply for the respective posts.
NOTE:- Candidates can check the list of sports/ games for which the sports quota is applicable on the official website of the government i.e. www.indiapost.gov.in
- For MTS posts, the candidate’s age must be between 18 to 25 years.
- For other posts, the candidate’s age must be between 18 to 27 years.
- The Salary decided by the government for the postal/ sorting assistant posts is between ₹25500 to ₹81100.
- The salary for Postman jobs is between ₹21700 to ₹69100.
- The salary for MTS(multi-tasking staff) ranges from ₹18000 to ₹56900.
The application fee decided by the government for every post is ₹100.
The government will do the selection on the basis of sports and educational qualifications of the candidates.
There are a total of 60 vacancies available for the candidates.
- PA(Postal assistant)- 31 posts
- SA(Sorting assistant)- 11 posts
- Postman- 5 posts
- MTS(multi-tasking staff)- 13 posts
How to apply
Candidates can apply in the respective posts by filling the application form in the prescribed format. Candidates need to send the application to the assistant director, 5th floor, office of the chief postmaster general, Bihar circle, Patna before the last date of submission.
|Last Date for Payment||21-12-2021|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Latest Jobs||Bihar Govt Job|