The National Apprenticeship Training Scheme also termed as MHRD NATS, is among the smart ways of earning training in different categories within the same portal. The scheme is carried out by the Government of India through the Board of Apprenticeship Training, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
The National Scheme helps in the enhancement of the skills through various training programs to the Fresh Graduates, +2 Vocational pass-outs, and candidates who have cleared Diploma in Engineering and Technology.
The term Apprenticeship in NATS is an agreement between an employer looking for a skilled worker and a person or say apprentice who is looking to earn a skill. Through the agreement, the apprentice is liable to learn the latest applications, methods and processes provided by renowned organizations as per the field they belong to in India.
This 1-year training program provides both practical skills and knowledge to the apprentice at the organization through advanced training modules designed by trained managers. The apprentice also earns a particular amount during the training program, 50 percent of which is reimbursed by the Government of India to the employer. The training is provided by Central, Private, and State organizations with advanced training facilities.
On completion of the training period, the apprentice is rewarded with a Certificate of Proficiency by the Government that can be used for registration at various employment exchanges overall in India.
Why NATS was launched?
The National Apprentice Training Scheme was initiated by the Board of Apprenticeship and Training/Practical Training. The primary aim of the training program is the provide a large employment platform to the students by boosting their technical and practical skills as required in their respective fields.
The qualified youth earns dual benefits by earning during the training program while they learn how to move from the classrooms to a proper working background. Along with the technical skills, the training program also helps the apprentice in learning work culture, organizational behavior, work ethics, and soft skills.
NATS Apprenticeship Benefits
Here are some of the benefits one can enjoy through the NATS program.
- The NATS program is open for every Indian student for gaining advanced skills and knowledge for one year
- The primary benefit of the program is that it helps the youth with advanced technical qualifications
- Along with the practical knowledge, the apprentices also learn practical skills that help them work efficiently at the workplace
- The training programs are well-designed by highly qualified managers of prominence organizations and the apprentice are trained at the organization itself
- The trained managers help the apprentice earn competent jobs quickly through the training modules
- During the training period, the apprentice is also paid a small amount, 50 percent of which is reimbursed to the employer by the Government
- The apprentice is given a Certificate of Proficiency at the end of the program as a legal employment experience valid throughout the country
Henceforth, the National Apprentice Training Scheme provides a promising career to the youth of the country as well as boosts the skilling in them.
- The age of the applicant should be 16 years or above
- The applicant needs to hold a diploma or degree certificate
- The applicant should not hold any other certificate obtained from any other Government training program designed for skill development
- Self-employed applicants shouldn’t apply for the program
- Government employees are not allowed to register for the program
- The applicant needs to be a citizen of India with zero work experience
- Aadhar Card
- Valid Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Passport size photograph in JPEG format with less than 200kb size
- Bank account details (linked with Aadhar card)
- Qualifying Degree certificate or provisional certificate in PDF format with less than 1Mb size
- Bank account statement and the first page of passbook in PDF format with less than 1Mb size
- Registration number, Roll number, or Enrolment number of the University
- List of subjects selected when obtaining Degree in Engineering or Technology
- Details of other certified or short term courses
- Consolidated Mark sheet or Provisional Degree certificate
NATS Registration – How to do it on Portal?
Before proceeding towards the registration of NATS, let’s check on the list of eligibility criteria and the document requirement for a successful registration.
Steps to register for the NATS Program:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of NATS that is, www.mhrdnats.gov.in. Give a click on the “Enroll” tab on the homepage.
Step 2: The page would appear with sections like eligibility check, enrollment form, questionnaire and guidelines, and preview and confirm
Step 3: In the section “Eligibility Check” section, select the option “I am a Student” from the drop-down list
Step 4: On selecting the option, other questions related to the student shall appear Fill the sections with the right answers regarding the Eligibility Check option for NATS. Once you are eligible for the program, you can now enroll in the program.
Step 5: Fill the enrollment form with the correct details like email id and then OTP and once verified it was ask your mobile number to link it up.
Step 6: Click on the tab Save and Continue
Step 7: The next page would show you the Questionnaire and Guidelines section Go through every Guideline, check the document list required for enrollment, as well as the terms and conditions. Click on the “I Agree” box below the Terms and Conditions section. Select the tab Agree and Continue
Step 8: The next page would bring the Enrollment form section with details like Personal Information, Training Preferences, and Educational Details tabs. Fill in the required details and give a click on the tab Save and Preview.
Step 9: The next page appearing would be the “Preview and Confirm” section. Check on all the details filled properly and give a click on the “Submit” tab.
Step 10: The next page would give you details like User ID, Email ID, and Password. Give a click on the option “Close and Continue”. Once you give a click, make sure you take a printout of the entire form for future use.
The National Apprenticeship Training Scheme is among the flagship programs that not only boost the skills of the youths but also helps them earn a stipend during their learning tenure. The apprentices connected with the technical field are liable to earn around Rs.8000 per month, while the graduates would be earning Rs.9000 per month during their training year.
|COP Verification||Click Here|
|NATS login||Click Here|
|Job Category||Government Jobs|
|NATS Portal Registration||Click Here|
|COP Full Form||Certificate of Proficiency|