If you are looking to work as an OPSC IMO Insurance Medical Officer, then you might have heard about the recruitment exam for the same which goes by the name OPSC IMO Recruitment.
To give you a brief overview about this, OPSC Full Form stands for Odisha Public Service Commission. The state government of Odisha organizes and recruits people for this category of civil services. People who clear this exam have the opportunity to work in the civil services at various entry levels. This article focuses on the notification which has been issued for the 85 insurance Medical Officers. Read in detail to know more details.
As per request filed by the Labour & ESI Department, Government of Odisha, the category wise vacancy position given below –
|SN||Category||No. of Vacancies|
Out of the overall 85 number of vacancies given above, the reservation of vacancies in respect of Sportsperson, Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities are given below –
|SN||Sub-Category||No. of Posts|
|(iii)||individual with Disabilities (0.A., O.L. & B.L [MNR – Mobility not limited (having standing ability)]||03 (1 W)|
There are some vital dates connected with OPSC IMO Recruitment 2023 which are provided in the below table.
|Announcement Release Date||27th November 2022|
|Application submission Starting Date||17th January 2023|
|Application submission Last Date||17th February 2023|
|Online Registered Application Last Date||17th February 2023|
- Minimum Age Limit of Candidate: 21 Years
- Maximum Age Limit of Candidate: 38 Years (as of the 01 January 2022)
- Age Relaxation given as per Government policy
- An applicant must have M.B.B.S. or corresponding Degree from a Medical College, or Medical Institution acknowledged by the Medical Council of India.
- Should have an applicable Registration Certificate under the Odisha Medical Registration Rules, 1965.
- Must have possessed the necessary Conversion Certificates recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI)
Also Read: OPSC PGT Recruitment Notification
The candidates will be chosen on the source of the Written Test. The Written examination will consist of total 200 marks, and there will be only one paper. The candidates will be allowed to complete 200 questions in 3 hours. As no negative marking is there in the exam if any wrong answer is there. Each question will be of 1 mark.
There are dissimilar marks allocated for different disciplines which are provided in the table below.
|Skin & VD||05|
- The candidates appearing for these exams should to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable sum of INR 500.
- Note- candidate belonging to the SC/ ST candidates of Odisha and persons having 40% disability don’t need to pay the application fee.
How to Apply
1. Applicants must apply online at the authorized website https://www.opsc.gov.in
2. Before applying, candidates have to make sure that they complete the eligibility conditions.
3. All candidates are requested to read the departmental advertisement (OPSC Vacancy Notification 2022) issued by the department (opsc.gov.in) before applying for these posts.
4. Candidates fulfilling all the eligibility conditions will have to go to the website (opsc.gov.in) of Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) through the Apply Online link given below and fill all the personal details in the application form like name, Date of Birth, Experience, Qualifications, etc.
5. To avoid any kind of error, double-check all the information filled in the form.
6. Upload all scanned documents like passport size photo, the signature of the candidate, and Thumb Impression (LTI), etc.
7. After this step, the application fee will have to be paid (if required).
8. At last, keep a printout of the application form for outlook use.
Note – If you have any technical problems faced in filling up online Registration and Application forms, the applicant may contact OPSC Technical Support over Telephone Number. 0671¬2304707 timings between 10.30 A.M. -1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. – 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working days.
The admit card for the OPSC 2023 exam are out a few days before the exam date. As Admit card is the compulsory document and is necessary to write the exams. Following are the steps to download the OPSC IMO I admit card include:
- Visit the authorized website (www.opsc.gov.in).
- After that, click on the ‘Hall Ticket’ button and write your personal details over there.
- Click on the ‘Admit Card’ button
- Now take out the print of the Hall Ticket of Admit card.
No, there is no negative marking for Insurance Medical Officer (IMO).
|Total Number of Posts||93 Posts|
|Starting Date To Apply||17-01-2023|
|Last Date To Apply||17-02-2023|
|Last Date Of Submission||17-02-2023|
|More Jobs||Sarkari Jobs|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Notification Page||Click Here|
|Pay Salary||Rs. 30000/-|
|Selection procedure||Interview, Written Exam|
I hope after reading this article you might have got the exact idea on how to apply for these examinations, the exam pattern and what is the marking and grading criteria for the same.
All in all, make sure that you are fully prepared for these exams in advance.