Punjab school education board (PSEB) has started the application process for the PSTET exam. PSTET stands for Punjab state teacher eligibility test. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for the PSTET exam before the last date of submission.
PSTET is a state-level exam and it is conducted by the Punjab school education board (PSEB). A lot of people give this exam every year to become primary (classes I to V) and upper primary (classes VI to VIII) level teachers in the schools of Punjab. PSEB conducts the exam in two shifts. The shift 1 exam is for the candidates who want to become a primary level teacher and the Shift 2 exam is for the candidates who want to become an upper primary level teachers.
PSTET Exam Date 2021
- The application process for the exam was started on 25 November 2021.
- The last date to apply for the exam is 8 December 2021.
- The application correction window will open from 10 December to 13 December 2021.
- The exam will be conducted on 24 December 2021.
- Candidates who want to appear in paper 1 (for primary level teachers) need to be class 12th passed with at least 50% marks. Candidates also need to have a diploma in elementary education (DElEd) or a diploma in education or a Bachelor of elementary education (BElEd).
- Candidates who want to appear in paper 2 (for upper primary level teachers) must be BA/Bse passed with DElEd/ BElEd/ Bse-Ed/ BA/ BEd.
There is no age criteria to apply in the exam. Anyone with the required educational qualifications can apply for the exam.
PSTET Exam pattern
There will be 150 questions in the exam and on each correct answer, candidates will get a 1 mark. In the PSTET exam, there will be no negative marking for the incorrect answers. There will be MCQ-based questions in the exam. Exam duration will be of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Candidates will not get the extra time in the exam.
Both Paper-1 and paper-2 have different exam patterns.
Paper-1 exam pattern
30 questions will be asked from each of the following subjects- Child development and pedagogy, Language I (Punjabi), Language II (English), Mathematics, and environmental studies. The exam will be of 150 marks.
Paper-2 exam pattern
In the paper-2 exam, 30 questions will be asked from the following subjects- Child development and pedagogy, Language 1 (Punjabi), and Language 2 (English).
60 questions will be asked from Mathematics and Science (for maths and science teachers) and Social science (for social science teachers).
- The application fee for the general and BC category for one exam is ₹900 and for two exams is ₹1800.
- The application fee for SC/ ST/ PH category for one exam is ₹600 and for two exams is ₹1200.
Admit card details
The release date of the admit card is 16 December 2021.
The admit card will have every important information related to the exam like the date and timings of the exam, address of the exam center, etc.
How to apply
The application process for the PSTET exam has been started. You can follow the following steps to apply online for the exam:-
- First, you need to go to the official website of the Punjab school education board (PSEB).
- Now, click on the ‘New user’ tab to read all the important instructions.
- Then click on the ‘registered user’ tab, where you need to register by entering the required details.
- Now, It’s time to fill the application form. In the form, you need to give some personal details, contact details, and your address.
- After filling the application form, you also need to upload scanned images of your photo and signature.
- Pay the application fee through any online method like UPI, net banking, etc.
- In the last, you have to submit the form and you can also take the printout of the form for future use.
|Last Date||08-12-2021 *2days increased from earlier 6th|
|More Jobs||Govt Jobs in Punjab|
|Other TET||TET Exam|