The recruitment for both the post of constable as well as lady constable in West Bengal has already started. The motive of the recruitment drive is to fill a total number of 1666 posts and out of these posts, a total number of 14100 are designated to the constables and the rest of the 256 posts are solely for lady constables.
Start date of Application: 25th May 2022
End date of Application: 27th June 2022
The candidate should be between 18-27 years of age on the 1st of January, 2022. However, relaxation is provided to those who belong to SC, ST, and OBC categories and it is provided following the government norms. Apart from these people, the home guard personnel who serve under the Kolkata police also get benefited from the relaxation of the upper age limit. As opposed to this, those who are from Civic Volunteers are offered no age relaxation.
The following are the application fee of different sectors:-
- Candidates of the general category who are from West Bengal need to pay Rs. 170 ( the application fee here is Rs. 150 and the processing fee is Rs.20)
- Candidates of the SC/S category are deemed to pay Rs. 20 only
The following are the requirements that the candidate needs to meet to appear for the examination:
- The candidate must be a pass-out student from the Madhyamik Examination from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education. If not then he or she must be a pass out from an equivalent board
- Candidate must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing the Bengali language
There are certain physical requirements that the appearing candidate must meet and they are as follows:
How to Apply
To apply for the post, one must follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Pay a visit to the official website- wbpolice.gov.in or kolkatapolice.gov.in
- In the next stage, you need to pay the application and the processing fee
- Tap on the link ‘ WB police constable recruitment 2022’
- Fill in the asked details correctly and upload the required documents in the demanded size and format
- Double-check the entered details
- Submit the application form
You may want to download the form in case you need it for future
The PayScale of the constables is as follows:
- Constable and Lady Constable in West Bengal Police. The PayScale of Level-6 in the Pay Matrix is Rs. 22,700 to Rs. 58,500
- West Bengal Police, in the pay scale level of 10 in the Pay Matrix is Rs. 32,100 to Rs. 82,900
To get successfully selected for the post, the candidate must undergo the following selection process:
- Preliminary Written Test-
- Physical Measurement Test or PMT
- Physical Efficiency Test or PET
- Final Written Examination
After the candidate has successfully passed all the consecutive rounds, he or she has to undergo the document verification process. After that, a medical examination for the candidate will be conducted, and finally, after that, only the annual merit list will be published.
Examination Pattern and Syllabus
The exam pattern of the West Bengal Police Recruitment 2022 is mentioned below:
- The Preliminary Written Test will be an MCQ-based examination of a total number of 100 marks. The asked question will be based on General Knowledge, General Awareness, Reasoning, and finally Math. The time duration here is 1 hour. In terms of negative marking, for each wrong answer, 1/4th mark will be deducted.
- The candidate must undergo a PMT where they must meet the earlier mentioned physical standards
- Under the physical efficiency test or PET, it is mandatory for the constables need to reach the finish line of 1600 meters distance run within the time limit of six and half minutes. In the case of lady constables, she must run 800 meters within a time limit of four and half minute
- The final written examination is MCQ based exam that carries 85 marks. Here, the question will be about English, General Knowledge, General Awareness, and finally reasoning. The time duration given here is 1 hour. For negative marking, 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The interview carries 15 marks and all the shortlisted candidates will be called out for an interview based on their merit. In the interview, the knowledge of the candidate regarding general awareness will be rightly tested. This round will finalize if the candidate is suitable for the job.
|Last Date||27th June 2022|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Now||Click Here|